BRIEF UPDATE ON MARIST BROTHERS' JUNIORATE
Marist Brothers' Juniorate (MBJ) is a Catholic secondary school, a brainchild of St. Marcellin Champagnat, a French priest. MBJ could rightly be described as a haven of joyful expedience in spite of the compliance to the necessity of hard work and compulsory discipline, which are evident in the acclaimed unprecedented achievements in the following areas:
- Academic Excellence: MBJ is a household name as regards academic excellence. This is evident in our performance in external academic competitions and WASSCE/UTME, SAT, etc. MBJ has climbed from 48th position in 2013 to 4th position in 2014 and 2015, then 2nd position in 2016 to 2018 in WAEC rating according to ATS Report.
- Best in Schools Improvement: Our students gain admission immediately after school does not advertise because of our outstanding academic performance and graduation and our old boys make waves in different endeavors nationally and internationally. Similarly, our old students have made first-class in various universities within and outside the country.
- Best in School plant: The structural and infrastructural facilities such as; uninterrupted solar power system, electric plant, readily power the ultra-modern Computer, Mathematics, Audiovisual, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology Laboratories. Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras are installed to ensure adequate security in the school. Also in place are State-of-the-Art Geographical Garden, Fishpond, and poultry farms for Agricultural and Entrepreneurial Studies. Our standard gymnasium, ultramodern basketball court, sports complex, and lots more; speak volumes in MBJ.
- Best Marketing & Sales Promotion lead School; our moral standard makes a sustainable advertisement.
- Best Online engagement: MBJ has a website and an interactive Learning Management System where students and teachers can chat online. Our termly results can only be accessed online.
- Co-curricular makes a difference: We have many trophies and laurels to our credit in the areas of basketball and football external competitions such as Milo.
- Best in Community Initiative/CSR activities: Children from our host community enjoy scholarships in the school. MBJ provides a potable water supply for the host community. Charity is extended to indigent people within and around the host community.
“To become a Modern and Regionally Recognized Location of Choice for Quality Academic and Moral Services in Nigeria. ”
NIGERIA NATIONAL ANTHEM
Arise, O Compatriots
Nigeria's Call Obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labour of our heroes past,
shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might,
One Nation bound in freedom, peace, and unity
Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice reign.
Marist Brothers' Juniorate
Our alma mater, we hail
We're proud of thee as all should be
To be nurtured in such a school
Which stands for truth and right
And teaches honour and truth
The walls of your high-rise building
Nurture great scholarship
Our quest for spirituality
is satisfied by your motto
'Ad Jesum Per Mariam
To Jesus through Mary,
May God Bless the Marist Brothers
Who toil and care for us;
Give them good health, wisdom, and strength
God bless our teachers and school mates
make them worthy alumni
For therein lies greatness
To give holistic Christian education to children and young people in Nigeria and beyond, with special attention to those most in need, through clearly defined primary, secondary and tertiary educational principles, which will enable them to face the challenges of life.
Meet Our Management Team
Marist Brothers Juniorate, Uturu